Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Kids That Hold My Heart

This is David, the sweet boy that has captured my heart. Okay, thats a lie--his brother (who i call Gus-Gus) also has my heart... and his sweet sister. These three kids, all under the age of 4, belong to my visiting teacher, Carla. (I wish I had pictures  Her kids reflect just how amazing this woman is, she is kind, warm, and very patient with her kids. I had the privilege of babysitting Gus-Gus and his sister Sophie while Carla was--ultra--pregnant. Although Carla was limited to how much she could do per day she still made sure she spent time teaching her kids. It was absolutely beautiful to see.

I grew up with a mom that I imagine did the same with me when I was young, but seeing how Carla teaches her kids step by step and by example is something truly beautiful. It is wonderful to see a mother-not much older than me-be so strong. This is a woman who married her best friend, who not only believes in this gospel but applies it and lives it 100%. I am grateful for my mother and women like Carla that show me what it is like to be a good mom. I pray I can be like them one day.


In other news,

I had a good day today, and by good I mean RIDICULOUSLY good.

I don't really know why but it was a good one. I shouldn't have had a good day because I was running late this morning and I had a test in my astronomy class--which by the way I got a solid 85% on, please hold your applause.

A new song for today by Andrew Belle, who I completely fell in love with today, called "The Ladder". Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment