Monday, April 27, 2015

7 October 2013



I hope you all got to watch General Conference this weekend because it was incredible. We had the blessing to watch it at home with Naomi, we watched all the sessions! I have never enjoyed (or stayed awake the whole time) Conference so much! All the messages were truly inspired, and may I mention how much I loved how missionary work centered they were?!
 
Well, Hna Martinez and I survived transfers! We have 6 more weeks together! Next transfers are the 2nd week of November so we are excited to have this month to work hard together. We got to stay in Malta so we are way stoked about continuing our adventures here. We had Zone meeting on Friday and got to see who our new District Leader is. We are really happy with your District and zone, we have a lot of new missionaries that came on Monday and they are all really hard working--you can just tell. We easily have the best zone in the whole mission!
 
We have been working hard with the Deeter's family and their "son" who is always over at their house. We had a wonderful lesson about the Restoration, this guy has SO MANY QUESTIONS! But that only makes our job so much easier. He is really interested and we feel like he is progressing well. Bro. Deters even took him to the priesthood session on Saturday, this family is AMAZING.
 
Other than that we haven't had much success finding people. October is harvest season and we literally cannot get a hold of ANYONE. It is absolutely ridiculous how empty town is... but we are taking it as an opportunity to study more and better our teaching skills. Unfortunately, all this down time makes me think too much about home and we have way too much fun as companions but we are learning a lot from each other!
 
We lost a couple investigators this week too... that was a HUGE bummer.
 
However, we are working on getting a family sealed in the temple. It has been such a blessing to work with them because it reminds me and emphasizes the importance of temple marriage. Every time we go over my testimony grows of the importance and blessing it is to be sealed as a family forever. I am so thankful that mom and dad were sealed in the temple and that Tina and I can be with them forever! the term "families can be together forever" has truly taken on a whole new meaning.
 
sorry, I wish I had more time to write about more of the blessings I saw this week. Although we weren't too busy, we still saw tiny miracles that strengthen us. I love my companion and all that she teaches me, I am so grateful for this area and for the patience I have been learning. Thank you all for your love and support!
 
Love,
 
Hermana Calero

No comments:

Post a Comment