Wednesday, May 20, 2015

21 April 2014

Hello!
I don't really have much to say this week, it was way too busy and I don't have the memory to remember everything that happened. We did have some AWESOME experiences though.
 
This week we had a new theme song: "Pioneer children walked, and walked, and WALKED...." Good news is, we are going to survive the month! We spent A LOT of time walking this week but it was good--the weather was warm enough for people to be outside so we ended up contacting a fair amount of people.
 
We also had 2 back-to-back exchanges this week, one went well, the other not so much. One thing is for sure, exchanges teach you more about yourself than any other experience. I'm so grateful for my calling.
 
Another blessing of being in leadership is being able to attend meetings with general authorities! This week for MLC Elder James B. Martino of the 70 and Elder Allen of the Area 70 came to visit us! We had such an awesome training about the importance of the Book of Mormon. Being able to teach simply makes all the difference. Our investigators don't need to know everything about the Book of Mormon or about the restoration, they need to know enough so that they can pray about it and receive their answer. Simplicity is KEY.
 
We had a beautiful Easter program last night at the Burley West Stake Center. Cried the whole time! I don't know what it is about being a missionary but crying is just something that happens ALL THE TIME. Luckily I've learned to master it around investigators but when it come to being in meetings... Oh goodness. I love that my testimony of the Savior is strengthened each and every day. As we study more about Him and His atonement it becomes easier to accept the things that happen in life. I'm so grateful for Him and all He has done for me.
 
This week we have Araceli's baptism! she is feeding us dinner tonight so I'm way excited. We are putting together her baptismal program tonight too, she's so excited. She came to church on Sunday and loved it. Talk about a golden investigator.
 
I'm excite for this week, I am absolutely exhausted! No exchanges, no meetings... finally we get to be normal missionaries for the next little bit. Transfers are on the 30th, but word is I'm sticking around here in Burley for one more transfer--but we all know how much Pres. Curtis loves to change things up!
 
I hope you have a wonderful week. Romans 12 is a pretty good chapter, I ran into it this week.
 
Love you all!
 
Hermana Calero
 
Picture:
1. At the leadership meeting with Elder Martino and Elder Allen. All the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders for the Mishhhhhh.


No comments:

Post a Comment