Wednesday, May 20, 2015

25 August 2014

Oh this week.

Some news:

Got my travel form to fill out.. that was an exciting day... My companion looked at me like she was waiting for me to die or something... so I put it back in the envelope and we continued our day... BEST FEELING EVER. it didn't start to sink in until I found the letter again on Sunday but you know, it was bound to happen. enjoy the pic.

anywho. What to tell you... Well, last Monday we went on a SICK hike as a district. it was a really fun Pday
We found a couple new investigators this week with a lot of potential. Did service for one of them.. We painted the inside of her trailer with her little 6 year old daughter named Andrea. CUTEST thing in the world--talked at a million miles an hour, It was funny. There was another lady there that was catholic and got all offended because we wouldn't tell her our first names. Haven't had that happen in a while. At the end we shared a scripture before we left, some people are just so close-minded. it really never ceases to amaze me. But we were able to help this sister out a ton, it felt really good. We invited her to church and she said she would come.. but she didn't. We are hoping to catch her again this week. 

The power of the priesthood is amazing. We had a couple experiences this week that really left a mark so that on Sunday we were able to testify. We taught Brandy and her family and we talked about why it's so important to have the priesthood. It has been amazing to watch that family progress. From the moment we walked in, she had the pamphlet in her hands, she sits down and says "OKAY, I have questions!". it was so cool to watch her understanding grow. We watched the Restoration video (the first time I've watched it in English... WEIRD) and half way through she goes "Hey, this is the APOSTASY" she was so excited that she knew what was going on. Brandy was baptized but fell away when she was young ( I dont know if i mentioned that before) so we are teaching her, her 2 boys, and her non-member husband. I'm SO grateful for the priesthood, to quite literally feel God's power on earth. 

I feel like I fulfill a life-long dream every time I teach at the church with a member. I feel like I"m legitely(?) on the "District". Anywho. We taught Reyes at the church and had an awesome lesson, he's getting baptized on Saturday! woot woot. We are so stoked! So many people prepared out here, its amazing. 

I also had a sneak-peak into "real life:single's ward edition" when a newly married couple spoke in sacrament meeting on Sunday.. I don't know if I would use the word "booyah" to describe my engagement... oh heaven help us. My companion and I just about died. But the topic they spoke on was really good. It really made me excited for conference. 

Anyway, It's been a really good week. Lots of miracles. Trying to make it through the Book of Mormon before I go home... I was studying Jacob 5 this week and really learned about the importance of working WITH the Lord. He has every desire to be in every aspect of our lives we need to let him. He is the one who "knows the end from the beginning", we need to trust that whatever He asks us to do is for a good reason. Good fruit comes forth with time, we need to be patient and work diligently. Every day I learn more and more about the importance of prayer, of church attendance, and scripture study. These basics are what we need to get rid of the Natural Man and become more like Him. I love this gospel. I LOVE missionary work. I love my Savior. 

Have a wonderful week! 

Love, 

Hermana Calero


No comments:

Post a Comment